Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the website and services provided by iWay (as defined below).
These Terms applies to all users of the Services, including without limitation users who are sellers, buyers, merchants, or contributors of content, information and other materials. If you are entering into this agreement for and on behalf of a business entity, and the term “you” in this agreement shall mean the business entity on whose behalf you are using the Services, unless the context does not permit.<p style="text-align: justify;"By using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Services, you agree to observe and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
iWay reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time. You will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms by your continued use of the Services following the date on which the amended Terms are posted here.
If you have any questions, please drop us e-mail to email@example.com
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, iWay grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable (with or without cause), non-transferable right and license to use the Services.
You shall use the Services in accordance with these Terms and shall not:
- Upload any Content (as defined below) that violates or infringes another party’s rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right.
- Copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, and attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, interfere with, or disrupt the integrity or the performance of the Services.
- Make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Services.
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with your access or use of the Services.
- Use the Services in violation of or to circumvent any sanctions or embargo.
- Remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright and trademark) of iWay or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or licensors.
- Use the Services for any purpose for which it is not designed or intended.
- Use the Services to create or promote a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the Services or any services, product or software offered by iWay.
- Use any proprietary information or interfaces of iWay or any other intellectual property of iWay in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any application, accessories or devices for use with the Services.
- Use the Services to send, post, or otherwise communicate any Content which is offensive, indecent, threatening, abusive, insulting, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, profane, invasive of another person’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the Services to send automated, unsolicited or unauthorised messages, advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters.
- Upload to, or transmit through the Services any data, file, software or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful components.
- Use any scraper, robot, bot, spider, crawler or any other automated device or means to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Services, or any data or content found or access through the Services.
- Collect any information in respect of other users without their consent.
- Commit any act to avoid paying any applicable fees and/or charges.
- Authorise or encourage anyone to do any of the foregoing.
You would need to have an account with iWay (“Account”) in order to use some parts of the Services. When you create an Account, you represent and warrant that:
- If you are individual, you are at least 18 years of age.
- If you are representing a company, organisation or any other legal entity (“Entity”), you have authority to bind the Entity to these Terms.
- You are capable of entering into and performing legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- All information which you provide is accurate, up to date, truthful and complete.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use the Services with the consent of and under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian who shall be responsible for all your activities.
- You are responsible for all activities under your Account. You, therefore agree to:
- Keep your password secure.
- Keep your account information up to date at all times.
- Comply with iWay’s policies and all applicable laws with respect to your activities and the Content which you upload to the Services.
- You shall not set up multiple Accounts, or transfer or sell your Account or user ID to another party. You must not use another user's Account without their permission.
Depending on the type and/or number of listings you choose to post and any additional services you may request in relation to your Account or listing, you may be charged listing fees.You may pay your Fees using cheque or by cash.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- iWay does not represent or warrant that any Fees paid or payable will lead to a like, offer, chat and by extension, sale;
- There will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms; and
- Each listing, free or paid expires after 30 days.
- The quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed.
- The truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items.
- The true identity, age, nationality, or sense of humour of a user.
- Any Content posted by users.
- You are encouraged to use the features and functions available on the Services to communicate with other users and/or to find out more about an item which a user has put up for sale. However, please exercise common sense and good judgment in your interactions with other users. While iWay endeavours to keep the Services safe for everyone, your use of the Services and your interactions with other users is entirely at your own risk.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for the Content which you post or share on or through the Services and any loss or damage which you sustain as result of such Content is solely your responsibility.
You acknowledge that iWay does not pre-screen Content uploaded by users. iWay shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available on the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, iWay shall have the right to remove Content, without liability or the obligation to offer a refund, in any of the following events:
- If the Content is in breach of these Terms.
- If iWay has received a complaint or notice of infringement in respect of the Content.
- If the Content is otherwise objectionable.
- iWay may also block Content and the delivery of a communication (including, without limitation, feedback, postings, messages and/or chats) to or from the Services as part of efforts to protect the Services or users, or to otherwise enforce these Terms.
In using the Services to create a listing and offer an item for sale, post a job opening and/or offer a service (as the case may be), you agree to comply with the following:
- All items must comply with these Terms and iWay's policies.
- You must provide a fair, accurate and complete description of each item, including your price for the item.
- Your listing for an item may only include text, descriptions, graphics, images and other content relevant to the item. All Content contained in a listing must be true, complete, accurate and not misleading in any manner whatsoever.
- You acknowledge and agree that iWay has no control over any website other than the iWay website.
- Without prejudice to the rest of these Terms and iWay’s policies, you warrant, in respect of each job opportunity, services and/or item which you offer for sale on the Services (as the case may be), that:
- You are the owner of the item, and the item is not stolen.
- The item is not counterfeit and does not infringe upon any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- The sale of the item complies with all laws and regulations which apply to that item.
- The item is not dangerous, hazardous or subject to a recall by a government or manufacturer.
- The Content in any listing does not infringe or violate any applicable laws and regulations, the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party.
- All offers made and accepted through the Services are binding.
- If you are a seller who has accepted a buyer’s offer for an item:
- You agree to ship the item or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if the buyer fails to meet the terms of your listing (such as payment method), or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.
- You may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and mailing the item. However, you must not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise avoid fees.
- You may not alter the item's price after a sale, or misrepresent the item's location and price.
- If you are a buyer whose offer for an item has been accepted by a seller, you agree to make prompt payment to the seller for the item, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if you are cannot authenticate the seller’s identity.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, as iWay is not involved in Transactions which are considered solely between users, iWay cannot ensure that a user (whether as a buyer or seller) would follow through and complete a Transaction.
If you are in dispute with a user of our Services, you are encouraged to contact that user to resolve the situation amicably. If the dispute is notified to iWay, iWay will attempt in good faith to facilitate resolution of the dispute but is under no obligation to resolve the same. You release iWay from any claims, demands and damage arising out of your disputes with users of our Services.
You acknowledge and agree that the Services and all copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of iWay. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Services and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Services are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of iWay. You are not granted any intellectual property rights in and to the Services not expressly granted in these Terms and such rights are hereby reserved and retained by iWay.
The Services may utilise or include third party software that is subject to open source and third party software. You acknowledge and agree that your right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Services is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the open source and third party licenses applicable to such Third Party Software, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, licence terms and disclaimers contained therein. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the terms of such open source or third party licences, the terms of the open source or third party licences shall prevail with regard to your use of the relevant third party software. In no event shall the Services or components thereof be deemed to be open source or publicly available software.
You are not authorised by iWay to use its trademarks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of iWay, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
iWay respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect the same of our users. If you believe that there has been unauthorised use of your intellectual property rights by a user, please report to us.
iWay reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account and/or your access to the Services if there are repeat complaints against you of intellectual property infringement
You may deactivate your Account at any time through the “Settings” section of your Account.
iWay reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, and without liability:
- Suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice.
- Change, modify, suspend or discontinue, whether temporarily or permanently, the whole or any part of the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you deactivate your Account or if we suspend or terminate your Account, you will lose any information associated with your Account, including Content. It is your responsibility to backup the Content which you upload to the Services.
- Upon termination, all licenses and rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease.
You acknowledge and agree that the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and that your use of or reliance upon the Services and any content, products or services accessed or obtained thereby is at your sole risk and discretion.
iWay does not represent or warrant that: (a) the use of the Services will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error free or that they will be compatible or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data; (b) the Services will meet your requirements or expectations; (c) errors or defects in the Services will be corrected; or (d) the Services and iWay’s servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
All conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, are hereby excluded and disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted under the law.
The Services may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications (including problems inherent to the computer or electronic device you use). iWay is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, damages, or losses resulting from such problems.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from iWay or from the Services shall create any representation, warranty or guarantee.
Furthermore, you acknowledge that iWay has no obligation to support or maintain the Services.
iWay disclaims any and all liability or responsibility in relation to the content made available through the Services, including but not limited to the Content uploaded by users or the third party content and services. iWay is not responsible or liable in any manner for the third party content and services associated with or utilized in connection with the Services, including the failure of such third party content and services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR ONLY RIGHT WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO REQUEST FOR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR DISCONTINUE ANY USE OF THE SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL IWAYOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CONDUCT OR THE CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DEATH, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND/OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THE SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT IWAYWAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, IWAY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY IWAYIN RESPECT OF THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS OR, WHERE RELEVANT, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF SINGAPORE DOLLARS THEN STANDING TO THE IWAYCOINS IN YOUR ACCOUNT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
You will indemnify and hold harmless iWay, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, licensors, shareholders, officers, employees, independent contractors and agents and all successors and/or assigns from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, damages, losses, costs and expenses resulting from: (a) your use of the Services; (b) your Content; (c) any use of your Account; (d) your breach of these Terms; (e) your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law; or (f) your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
iWay does not warrant that the Services will be compatible or interoperable with your device or any other piece of hardware, software, equipment or device installed on or used in connection with your device. Furthermore, you acknowledge that compatibility and interoperability problems can cause the performance of your device to diminish or fail completely, and may result in permanent damage to your device, loss of data located on your device, and corruption of the software and files located on your device. You acknowledge and agree that iWay and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to you for any losses suffered resulting from or arising in connection with compatibility or interoperability problems.
You and iWay are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties' intention. All remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, any failure by iWay to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation in these Terms shall not affect iWay’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
You shall not assign any rights or delegate any obligations herein without our prior written consent and any attempted assignment or delegation in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and iWay and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings and/or agreements between you and iWay.
You hereby agree that the laws of Sri Lanka shall govern this Terms and that the courts of Sri Lanka shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.Effective on January 01, 2018.